Wednesday, December 22, 2021

CHRISTMAS 2021

 

As I sit alone, my memories to keep me company since my family is far away and can't be with me on this day.  I look around and see my many blessings, a warm and safe home, food to starve off my hunger and the decorations of the holiday.

I feel the blessings as I think about our soldiers, far away from their loved ones, often in foreign lands.  I know they miss their families as they continue to follow their paths to keep us free.  They may not have the luxury of a warm safe place and find a place to slumber and dream of better days.

I feel my blessings as I think of those who are homeless and on the streets, with no luxuries at all. They sleep in sheltered doorways with beds from cardboard, if they are lucky.  They seek warmth from wherever they can get it or shelter from the weather, often suffering through cold and rain or snow.  I feel sad when I think that they might be hungry as they go about their days, seeking a blessing of warmth or food.

I may be alone but I am not sorrow laden as I feel fortunate that I have all the things I need.  And I know that I'm not really alone as God is with me each and every day.

So on this day, let's find the love and the compassion as we celebrate our Savior, Jesus, birth, the greatest gift of all the earth.  

Barbara Foster

2021

No comments:

Post a Comment